Thursday, 2024-03-28, 11:23 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Opinion » Ideas » Trackpacks
Trackpacks
ovum69Date: Monday, 2010-05-31, 11:39 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Like... I've been wondering... here's an e.g.
ROUND 2 trackpack released when ROUND 1 started... I dont get the logic in that? I dont mind it... but it would be more appropriate to release a mappack for ROUND x when ROUND x starts and not to release mappack for ROUND x when ROUND x1 starts...

RCDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-01, 0:31 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
Dear ovum69,

The reason why we release the map-pack one week before the match-week starts is:

-Players have really 1 week to train the maps. If we would release the map-pack at the start of the match-week, teams are almost forced to drive the match at the end of the week.
-Teams are more inclined to arrange the match earlier so they can focus on the next map-pack.

With this system we think, it’s easier to find enough time to train and agree on a match-date with your opponent. The result should be less forfeited matches and more fun, because of well prepared matches.

I hope I answered your question.

Greetings,

RC

ovum69Date: Tuesday, 2010-06-01, 8:24 PM | Message # 3
Private
dunno about others but many 'competitive' teams tend to play their matches in weekends, as much as I know
but oh well... I do understand your system.
thanx for quick response

CalyCreatureDate: Thursday, 2010-06-10, 1:55 AM | Message # 4
Private
As long as you can add a rule that says the matchdetails should be agreed on before a specific day, or else you get penelty points

PuramuDate: Thursday, 2010-06-10, 1:39 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Usually tournament admins encourage teams to play on the default day but here that's not the case which I find a bit strange. We played the first match on the default day and that pretty forces us to play every match on a default day (otherwise we would only have a couple of days time to train.) So yeah, I think the system used in other tournaments is better. Teams should play the matches on a default day but if they want to move it by day or two, it should be at their own responsibility.

I guess it's worth trying new things, but I don't personally like this system.

cojonDate: Thursday, 2010-06-10, 7:48 PM | Message # 6
Private
i agree with puramu, don't like that system. its giving teams no incentive at all to play earlier than default date, because

a) its important to have a good rythm - say, playing each sunday night - when playing a tournament (in my opinion),
b) once you played earlier than default date, nobody can guarantee that the next team will agree to play earlier as well
and c) you can always force the opponent to play at default date, so you can decide about your own rythm if you choose to play then. There is no reason not to do this, if the date generally suits you.

so everything this system does is confusing/distracting players with 2 mappacks at the same time.

you can still give the teams the flexibility to move the matches; for example by having the matchweek start at thursday after maprelease, default date sunday and last possible match date the following thursday. the point is, the default date should be the logical day to play a match because most matches will be played then anyway.

BongDate: Sunday, 2010-06-13, 5:46 PM | Message # 7
Private
New map-system

Dear TmT-fanatic,

The result of the poll is obvious, we need to change the system. At the moment 68% prefer the STC-system. So the release date of round 4 will not be 13-06-2010, but 20-06-2010. The table of the other release dates is also updated, you can find it under tournament.

Greetings,
TmT-managment

so we now have even LESS time to learn maps ? sick ...
people got to do some other things as well

SwissDate: Sunday, 2010-06-13, 5:55 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Administrators
@Bong:

The majority decided.
To be honest, to learn 3 shortmaps in 1 week is not that hard.

In STC, you have 3 real competition maps (1 minute or even longer) to learn in 1 week.

Forum » Opinion » Ideas » Trackpacks
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: